So today I started Core De Force, and that means not just the workouts, but the eating plan too!
I want to follow the plan to a T!
So I pulled out the meal plan, calculated my calorie base and figured out how many containers of each food that I should be consuming each day! Then I created my weekly menu!
Tonight’s dinner was the first out of the Eating Plan and it was A-MAZING!!! Perfect for a cold, fall day, and not too mention, it’s hypothyroidism friendly! BONUS!!!
Tell me that doesn’t look delicious???
Ok so now lemme break it down for you and tell you how you can make it yourself 🙂
What you need:
- 1 large spaghetti squash (about 3.5 pounds, if you do large it makes 5 servings, I got 2 medium size ones so I can cook 1 tonight for 2 people, and 1 on wednesday for 2 people)
- 3/4 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1lb ground turkey breast
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1- 15oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
What to do:
- Pre Heat over to 400 degrees
- Cut in half, remove seeds and membrane of squash, place squash cut side up in over on a baking sheet
- Season with salt and pepper
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until tender
- While squash is baking, heat oil in large skillet and cook turkey breast until browned. Season with salt.
- Add onion, bell pepper, zucchini and mushrooms, stir and cook until tender
- Add garlic, oregano and stir frequently.
- Add tomato sauce and past, stir and simmer for 20 min.
- When squash is finished, separate strands with a fork, can leave in the skin, and top with 1 cup sauce
- add cheese and serve immediately
Now like I said, the original recipe calls for 1 large squash that feeds 5, so this recipe for the sauce is plenty or you can divide it into leftovers to make it easier on you, and I know us Moms like things that are easy! 🙂
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
1.5 Greens .5 Purple 1 Red .5 Blue
To follow my journey with Core De Force, head over to https://www.facebook.com/fitwithvicki/ or https://www.instagram.com/fitwithvicki/
And if you try this recipe, I would love for you to tag me in your post or message me and let me know what you think!!!