So if you are anything like me, you were brought up to think that fat is bad! Trans fat, saturated fat, this fat, that fat, FAT FAT FAT!
We think if I eat fat, it’s going straight to my ass (or hips, thighs, hips, cheeks, you name it, there is a place it goes)! So here we are with this misconception that we shouldn’t eat fats, probably the same mindset as we should do a shit ton of cardio and eat very little calories every day to lose weight too!
Well guess what?
I am here to break it to you, gently!
YOU SHOULD BE EATING FAT! Good fats that is! Healthy fats! And yes there is such thing as fats that are good for you and that ass you want!
Now with that said, if you were like I was, I had no clue what a healthy fat would be…. I would sit doe eyed, looking lost! Well that is why I am here to help you with this problem!
I am going to give you the breakdown of some healthy and yummy fats and why you should be eating them!
Now where should we start??? Might as well start with my favs!
- AVOCADOS: Avocados provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins, and folic acid.
2. PEANUT BUTTER: A serving of peanut butter has 3 mg of the powerful antioxidant vitamin E, 49 mg of bone-building magnesium, 208 mg of muscle-friendly potassium, and 0.17 mg of immunity-boosting vitamin B6. Research shows that eating peanuts can decrease your risk of heart disease, diabetes, and other chronic health conditions. #WINNING!!!
3. ALMONDS: almonds nutrition is most praised due to the presence of monounsaturated fatty acids, dietary fiber, antioxidants, vitamins like riboflavin, and trace minerals such as magnesium! They help with so many areas like skin health, weight loss, preventing heart disease and diabetes, and improves brain function, to name a few.
4. WALNUTS: One-quarter cup of walnuts, for instance, provides more than 100 percent of the daily recommended value of plant-based omega-3 fats, along with high amounts of copper, manganese, molybdenum, and biotin.
5. OLIVES: Recent research studies have also shown that the monounsaturated fat found in olives (and olive oil) can help to decrease blood pressure. The oleic acid found in olives—once absorbed up into the body and transported to our cells—can change signaling patterns at a cell membrane level (specifically, altering G-protein associated cascades). These changes at a cell membrane level result in decreased blood pressure. Oh and they are fun to put on your finger tips….. come on… you know you do it too! 🙂
Now those are just a few of my favorites that I wanted to highlight, there are more like flaxseeds, salmon, canola oil and more but I wanted to share what my fav are and why they are important!
Now with that said, are you going to start eating those healthy fats? If the answer is YES, then YAY!!!! Let’s celebrate with a giant avocado!!! 🙂
Hope that helps! Feel free to comment with any questions that you have! Remember I am not a nutritionist so I cannot tell you how much of what you should be eating, that’s what Google is for 😉