Omg!!!! I made my first quiche today and it was AMAZING!!!!
This Whole 30 way of life is helping me in more areas than just my waistline! Which I don’t plan on measuring or weighing until my I am finished (don’t wanna get caught up on numbers) but I just feel lighter, no cravings, never hungry, I AM FEELING GOOD!!!!
Okay, back to my delicious Quiche recipe that you are all here for 🙂
For the crust:
1 sweet potato
For the filling:
1 pound bacon
1 cup chopped spinach
1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup filtered water
How To Prepare
1.For the crust: Preheat oven to 350F. Grate the potato.
2. Layer the bottom and sides of baking dish with shredded potato.
3. Bake the potato-lined dish for 20 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
4. For the filling: Cut the bacon into slivers. Chop the leek and spinach.
5. Fry bacon in a pan and remove with a slotted spoon.
6. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons bacon fat, filter through a mesh strainer and reserve for later use.
7. Sauté leek with salt, pepper, and paprika in bacon fat until translucent.
8. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomato is tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
9. When crust is done cooking, remove from oven. Using a spatula, press the crust back into the sides (the sides tend to sink a bit when baking).
10. Distribute spinach, bacon, and leek evenly on top of your crust.
11. Using a wire whisk, beat eggs with filtered water. Gently pour beaten eggs evenly over baking dish contents.
12. Bake quiche for 30 minutes or until set.
13. Serve immediately or warm later in the oven.