so I often help people, especially those in my fitness challenge teams, with food options that are healthy. I post a picture and often will post a recipe. well, I had a request to post them on pinterest, but I would need some place to link them from, so I figure why not from here, where all my health and fitness happens!
OK, this is what’s for dinner tonight!
|CHICKEN TAMALE CASSEROLE|
- 1 cup (4 ounces) pre-shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8.5-ounce) box corn muffin mix (such as Martha White)
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- Cooking spray
- 1 (10-ounce) can red enchilada sauce (such as Old El Paso)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Combine 1/4 cup cheese and next 7 ingredients (through chiles) in a large bowl, stirring just until moist. Pour mixture into a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until set. Pierce entire surface liberally with a fork; pour enchilada sauce over top. Top with chicken; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces; top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream.
- Calories: 354
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 14.1g
- Saturated fat: 7.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 18.9g
- Carbohydrate: 36.3g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 620mg
- Calcium: 179mg